Sunday, June 27, 2010

Signs

I've been talking to God. I decided to try to believe.

Two nights ago, I got into bed, and asked. My one-sided conversation started like this, "God, give me a reason to believe. I know something's out there, but is it you? If it is, tell me. Talk to me. Give me a reason to believe."

I started to fear that something supernatural would happen. I half expected curtains to fly, or silhouttes to appear. Chills went down my spine. I said, "Okay God, give me a reason, but please don't freak me out."

Then the most amazing thing happened: The most familiar peddler's horn sounded. For those of you who hang around me often enough, you'd know that that's the sound my phone makes when I receive a text message.

I got a text message.

I swear, my heart sank into my bed. I freaked out, of course. "Is that you, God???". It took me 10 seconds, but I found the guts to pick up the phone on my bedside table.

New Text Message
Daniel: You're still awake?!?!


-.-

What do you think? Do you think it was a subtle answer from God? Or sheer coincidence? Well, I've always been a believer of coincidence, but the possibility of the other option still remains.

Dan said it's a sign. "I don't even text you this late!", he said. "Einstein once said, coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous".

As beautiful as that sounds, I'm not convinced, because I do believe in coincidence being coincidence and I always demand solid proof. So I told God, "That's not a reason to believe. You have to really shake me if you want me to believe".

"But still, don't freak me out."

End of conversation. I said good night and went to sleep.

Then today, God moved on to Mission Convince Sheryl, Level 2.

I was driving in KL, looking for Bankers Club, where Danielle was having her birthday dinner party (Great night, by the way). So I was told that this place was opposite Times Square. That was all the information I had at that time, so naturally, I got lost. I was driving around Pusat Bandaraya for a full hour, but no Times Square. I went round and round, and at some point I ended up on a small road that was so bumpy as if dynamites had been thrown on its every possible square inch, behind rows of Chinese shops, where lorries were transporting vegetables and old Chinese people were slaughtering chickens.

I got scared, being in an alien place where no one seemed to notice a battered up fire-engine-red Myvi wandering aimlessly, and decided to turn to God. "Oh my God!", "God! What the hell!", and "God save me please", were the only phrases spewing out of my mouth.

Overreacting, maybe. Or maybe they were just figures of speech. I didn't really expect an answer.

So anyhow, I found my way in the end. I got myself onto the road Times Square was on, and right across the road was Armoda Square. I instinctively chose to enter the building, even though I wasn't 100% sure if I was supposed to, and parking rates at that time and day was RM6 per entry. Inside, I got lost. There was a booth that said Customer Service however, so I went there. I rolled down the window and asked the dude if Bankers Club was in that building, but he showed no signs of knowing what I was talking about.

I was about to start freaking out again when suddenly I heard someone call my name. And sure enough, a familiar face! Xian Tze had just arrived from the LRT station, and happened to see a red Myvi wandering aimlessly. I THANKED GOD times 173928462 when I saw him. He got in the car, and led me to a parking spot on the lowest floor. As usual, I misjudged the space I had in front, and long story short, my bumper fell off again. Again, thank God Xian Tze was there because he examined the bumper and immediately knew what to do with it.

After the dinner party, Xian Tze fixed my bumper (using rafia string he had in his bag), and I offered to send him home since it was on the way. AGAIN, thank God for Xian Tze because without him I would've gotten lost trying to get home and although Xian Tze wasn't completely sure of the way either, I wasn't alone. And he was pretty smart with the signs too.

So I dropped Xian Tze off, then went home.

Q1: Why did I enter Armoda Square, eventhough I was doubtful, I'm a cheapo, and entry was RM6?

Q2: Why were Xian Tze and I the earliest ones, who so happened to arrive at the exact same time?

Q3: How did Xian Tze know to look into the red Myvi?

Q4: Why is it that the day I had to drive alone in KL, was the day XT and I were invited to the same party?

Q5: Why did I ask XT to get in before I parked and knocked my bumper off?

Q6: Why does XT know how to fix everything?

Q7: Why did XT have rafia string in his bag for no good reason?

Q8: Why does XT live opposite Pyramid, which was conveniently on the way to my home? And why did I overhear the discussion about his means of transport home?

Possible answer 1: Xian Tze was an angel God sent to me.

Possible answer 2: Coincidence.

Come on, God! It is all very convincing, but it just won't suffice. It's me; Sheryl. Try harder!

But still, don't freak me out.

:D

Love, Sheryl.

0 comments:

You CAN make a difference.



Demand All Time Low in Kuala Lumpur!
All Time Low in Kuala Lumpur - Learn more about this Eventful Demand

View all Kuala Lumpur events on Eventful